Smart lighting will subtly, but effectively, influence the ambiance of a home, complementing the aesthetics of its décor, while also providing convenience and energy efficiency.
Brighten or dim any light in the room—or the entire house—with a single touch. Or automate lighting to respond to your life, without any touch at all. The house can even appear occupied when no one is home.
It’s not just smart, it’s brilliant. The benefits of smart lighting aren’t limited to new homes and construction projects. Even dwellings that are centuries old can be automated.
Lighting Personalized For You
How Smart Lighting is controlled—or how a mood is set in each room—is as unique and personal as the home itself and the people who live in it. Plus, when smart lighting is tied to other systems in the home—such as the music, shades, temperature, security and more—the possibilities are virtually endless. We will help determine the best way to tailor smart lighting to your life.
- A “Cooking” scene starts a playlist and brings the kitchen lights up while dinner is being prepared.
- A “Goodnight” button turns off all lights, locks the doors, arms the security system and turns the thermostat back to a desired setting.
- Lights in the house turn on automatically as the garage door closes.
- Motion sensors provide hands-free illumination, marking a pathway to the bathroom or kitchen in the evening.
- A tap on a Control4 touch screen or smartphone turns off the lights in the theater and starts the movie.
- From under the roof to under the stars, smart lighting can light up the deck and emphasize water features in the back yard.
Efficient & Elegant
See the Light, Save the Green! Smart Lighting is both beautiful and energy efficient.
- Lights can be programmed to turn on when you enter a room and back off again when you’ve left.
- Outdoor lights automatically turn off before sunrise.
- A “Goodbye” button lowers the shades, adjusts the heat and turns off the lights.
- Fixtures can be programmed to always illuminate at 80% to save on bulb life and be programmed to operate alongside the shades and thermostat to save money on the energy bill.
More Than Just A Light Switch
You’ll Want to Push These Buttons! Sure, a keypad can manage all of the lights in the house, but it also doesn’t have to be tied to a single light at all. Buttons can be programmed to handle virtually any non-lighting task, as well.
- Fire up a movie or your favorite Netflix® show.
- Lock and unlock the front door.
- Start or stop the sprinklers.
- Open and/or close the garage door.
- Arm or disarm the alarm.
- Start or stop your music and control the volume.
Increased Safety & Security
Peace of Mind is a Bright Idea! Our Smart Lighting is sophisticated enough to enhance safety and security within the home.
- While away, lights and shades can activate in a random fashion so it appears that someone is home.
- Motion sensors can be programmed to turn lights on—inside or outside of the home—if movement is detected, and then send you an alert when the sensor in that area is triggered.
- Lights in the home can flash on and off repeatedly when the security alarm is triggered, drawing more attention to a security breach.